These festive Holiday “Hello Dolly” Cookie Bars are a perfect addition to holiday cookie trays, dessert tables, and let’s not forget about nibbles for Santa!
What you see here are seven layers of ooey gooey melty buttery deliciousness. Come holidays, this was a cookie bar we grew accustomed to having. Mom would make Hello Dollies and year after year they were an undeniable highlight of any table they graced! It only makes sense that I would share them here with you this time of year. <3
These bars are all about the layers!
- Begin with a 13×9″ pan filled with a shallow puddle of melted unsalted butter…
- Scatter graham cracker crumbs over top…
- Next – like Charlie Brown snowflakes – let the shredded coconut fly…
- Then, using both chocolate and butterscotch chips (that just so happen to possess an uncanny resemblance to tiny elf hats), create a mosaic that’s as pretty as the view in a child’s kaleidoscope…
- Let us not forget the chopped pecans…
- Unite them all with a thorough pour of sweetened condensed milk…
- Count your layers – should be 7…. (the chips each count as their own)
How sweet is that?
Speaking of sweet – it’s that time of year! The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange!
Erin, at The Speckled Palate, creator of this sweet celebration of all things sugar, has added an extra sweet component to our cookie exchange this year. We’re partnering with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer to raise both money and awareness. This charity, founded in 2008, is committed to funding research to help develop less toxic, more effective treatments for children battling cancer. They provide inspiration and support to individuals, businesses, and organizations to raise funds by hosting grassroots bake sales and other fund raising events. If you would like to join us in our support, please consider making a donation through our fundraising page. 🙂
And don’t forget to check out the many festive cookie recipes that my blogger friends are sharing all this week.
I can just imagine those cookie trays now!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet holiday colored chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a 13x9" pan layer ingredients starting with the melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before slicing into bars.
Forgot to pin? Here you go!