These Avocado Crostini prepared 4 ways are full of flavor and so much color!
Stop everything! Now! Puh-lease!
Don’t tell me that you don’t have time…you do… you can make time.
It takes just minutes. Minutes to toast up a little bread and load it up good with scrumptious toppings that are as fresh and colorful as an April day is misty and promising.
I started this journey thinking it’d be all about the pleasing sweet flavors of juicy strawberries, plump blackberries and crunchy sprouts set atop creamy avocado, until mini sweet peppers caught my eye.
And if I was going to adorn two avocado crostini, I might as well adorn four. Ya feel me?
So, tomato & basil and prosciutto & zucchini joined the party…
Fresh and light, springy and flavorful, each has a personality all their own, yet they still have one very important thing in common——->they’re undeniably delicious!
To make (these) Avocado Crostini:
- Toast 4 slices of thick, crusty Italian bread
- Spread each with 1/2 ripe, fresh, mashed avocado and a good squeeze of lemon juice
- On each crostino (individual toasts), place toppings: fresh fruit and sprouts; roasted sweet red and yellow peppers; cherry tomatoes & basil; ribbons of prosciutto & zucchini
- Finish each with sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Whether for breakfast or lunch, as an afternoon pick-me-up, or a late night snack, Avocado Crostini will hit the spot every time!
Two years ago: Cauliflower Steaks with Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
Three years ago: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Four years ago: Our Big Foodie Lebanese Family
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread
- 2 ripe, fresh Avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 strawberries, sliced thin
- 4 blackberries, halved
- small handful of sprouts
- 12 oz. mini sweet peppers
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 thin vertical slices zucchini
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place peppers on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper and roast for about 30 minutes until skins are browned.
- Toast 4 slices of thick, crusty Italian bread.
- In a medium bowl, place seeded and peeled avocado. Drizzle in the juice of 1 lemon and mash until combined.
- Spread each piece of toasted bread with avocado.
- On each crostino (individual toasts), place toppings: fresh fruit and sprouts; roasted mini peppers; cherry tomatoes & basil; ribbons of prosciutto & zucchini.
- Finish each with sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.