Veal with Fresh Herbs & Lemon is as easy as it comes and takes just minutes to prepare!
These are the flavors that I dream about.
And the aromas that turn a house into a home.
I read somewhere that if you’re trying to sell your home, you want it to smell as good as it looks. Not only should it look perfect and pristine, but the aroma should make a positive impression, as well. Scents like popcorn, freshly baked cookies, and pine are a few that create a pleasing experience for the buyer. But I tell you what – if I walked into a home that smelled of sautéed veal with fresh herbs and lemon, I’d sign on the dotted line before leaving the foyer!
Are you a fan of garlic and other herbs slowly melting in hot olive oil until they become all caramel-ly and sweet? If your response is yes, then we are clearly cut from the same cloth! It really doesn’t get any better!
Here’s the deal with this recipe…there really isn’t one. Kinda-Sorta. What I mean is that you can take liberties with the measurements based on your tastes. So much of Italian cooking is a little bit of this and a splash of that…so much comes down to ‘feeling’. This is one such recipe.
Other than the veal which you’ll want pounded very thin (scallopini-style) and the olive oil, feel free to include all or some, as much or as little of:
- garlic, thinly sliced
- chopped basil
- chopped flat-leaf parsley
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary
- chili pepper
- lemon juice
I’m thinking this veal with fresh herbs will go down as one of the tastiest dishes I’ve made in the leastiest amount of time. 😉 (Please forgive me.)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 plump cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 fresh chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs. veal scallopini
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, herbs and peppers.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until garlic begins to soften.
- Turn up the heat to medium high, add veal to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on each side for 2 - 3 minutes.
- When the veal is cooked, remove from the pan and squeeze lemon over top.
- Serve warm.
Veal dishes from around the web…
Veal and Mushroom Stew from What Should I Make For
Osso Buco Bahn Mi Sandwiches from The Seaside Baker
Italian Grilled Kurobutta Veal Loin Chops ala Gioco from Feed Your Soul Too
Veal Rollatini from The Italian Chef