I can’t think of anything more summery than a gorgeous fruit salad made with fresh herbs, Romano cheese, and ribbons of prosciutto!
What I am about to tell you may come as a surprise – or not … time will tell …
Are you ready?
When I make fruit salad using a melon baller, I feel very professional.
I know, it makes me laugh too. But it’s true. There’s something about using the correct tool for the job.
Am I right?
I mean, we wouldn’t want to cut the lawn using craft scissors, paint a house with a watercolor brush, or secure a boat to the dock with a spool of twine…
And in the case of this salad, my antique melon baller made my job quick, easy and enjoyable, not to mention pretty. Everything we love about summer cooking!
This is a simple one –
In a large ceramic bowl, combine:
- Chopped fresh thyme
- Lime juice
- Black pepper
- Romano cheese
- Olive oil
The brine of the prosciutto and the sharp tang of the Romano set against the sweetness of the summer fruit is as enjoyable as anything you’ll have all day!
Nothing left to do but eat!
- 1 - 2 cups blueberries
- 2 - 3 cups honeydew balls
- 2 - 3 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 - 3 cups watermelon balls
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme, and more for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. prosciutto, bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Shaved Romano cheese, to taste
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and gently stir.
- Top with Romano cheese and a garnish of fresh thyme.