Sundays call for pancakes…Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup Pancakes with Whipped Cream and Blackberries to be exact!
Goodness, when was the last time CCB shared a pancake recipe? Too long! Way too long! Want to know when? Okay – I’ll tell you. January 21, 2014. You read that right, 2-0-1-4!!! Are you kidding me?!
I’m in shock! Especially since it’s a pretty popular food in these parts…these parts being our home.
Dom is a wizard when it comes to pancakes. When the kids were younger, pancakes were a staple on the weekends. So, I guess we operate under a formula ——–> kids in the house = pancakes on Sunday.
Let’s say we change the formula…. pancakes aren’t just for breakfast anymore. And not just for Sundays, either.
Looking for a new idea for ‘Meatless Monday’? Here you go!
The idea for these pancakes began during a recent trip to Lake Placid.
Last Sunday we took to the village. Cold and a little bit rainy with skies the color of slate, we popped into a few of our favorite shops. Luc made it pretty clear that she didn’t want to leave without a stop at Saratoga Olive Oil Company where tastings could ensue. That was an invitation we couldn’t resist! So in we went after checking out the 80% off sales at Bass.
Have you guys been to the Saratoga Olive Oil Company?
Slews of flavored olive oils and vinegars, salts, and as of late – maple syrup. Gosh, we tasted everything from Cayenne to Blood Orange combined with Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar, Granita olive oil to Black Truffle.
We ended our experience with a (not so little) sip of Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup.
Oh my gahhhh. Tiny fireworks went off in my brain and I knew that once we were back home, the griddle would have its day in the sun.
I played a little with this recipe. Not only did I want the Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup on the pancakes, I wanted it in them, too. And what are pancakes without homemade whipped cream?
These pancakes take the cake. They’re thick and fluffy with just a hint of bourbon flavor.
This is some happy eats, my friends!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter (plus more for frying)
- 2 Tbsp. Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup (plus more for serving)
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Whipped Cream
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla and syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Don't worry if there are lumps.
- Heat a frying pan (or griddle) over medium heat. When the pan is hot, melt about a tablespoon of butter.
- Using a small ladle, pour about ⅓ cup of pancake batter onto the pan.
- When the pancake starts to bubble and the bottom is golden, turn over. Cook the other side for about a minute, or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to the pan between batches.
- Serve immediately with butter, Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, whipped cream and blackberries.
How about a few more breakfast recipes?