Who’s ready for some Sparkling Rosé Sangria?
Just sounds like it tastes pretty, doesn’t it?!
Okay – so how ’bout we embark on some movie trivia…
Who remembers the movie these lines are from?
- Truvy: What are your colors, Shelby?
- Shelby: They’re blush and bashful.
- M’Lynn: Her colors are pink and pink.
- Shelby: My colors are blush and bashful, Mama.
- M’Lynn: How precious is this wedding gonna get, I ask you?
- Shelby: My colors are blush and bashful, I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other.
If you guessed “Steel Magnolias”, you’d be right!
The first thing I thought of while making this beauty was that scene in Truvi’s beauty parlor where Julia’s character, Shelby, describes the colors of her wedding…
I’m pretty certain Shelby would describe this sangria as blush…a faint, almost imperceptible pink, the perfect shade…
And precisely what I was going for, with a few magnificent bubbles thrown in the mix.
If you have fresh fruit, bottles of Rosé and Prosecca, and the makings for simple syrup (water and sugar), you’re on your way to this precious cocktail.
Cheers to a magnificent weekend, my friends!
- 1 bottle Rosé
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- ½ cup Simple Syrup
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup sliced apple
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced peach
- Prepare Simple Syrup: Combine ½ cup sugar with ½ cup water in a small pan over medium heat. Stir until sugar melts. Remove from heat, let cool.
- In the meantime, place fruit in the bottom of a large carafe or pitcher.
- Add simple syrup and stir.
- Pour Rosé and Prosecco over top.
- Give a stir.