There’s nothing complicated about this savory and delectable char-grilled recipe! Grilled Cucumbers and Yellow Squash with Dorot Herbs makes for a seamless and sizzling late summer side dish!
If you’re anything like I am you’re looking forward to autumn but are still loving the bountiful produce that late summer provides. My local market hooked me up good with gorgeous cukes and yellow squash this week. And just because we had a little drizzle this morning, didn’t mean I couldn’t create a fragrant and gratifying grilled recipe…my grill pan was sitting pretty and ready to go.
Grilled Cucumbers and Yellow Squash with Dorot Herbs, made with crushed garlic and chopped basil, can be ready in no time.
Perhaps you’ve seen these cute little packages in your local grocer and have always wanted to know more…. I got my Dorot pre-packaged frozen garlic and basil from the frozen foods section of Trader Joe’s, but Wegmans, Whole Foods and a number of others carry it, too.
Dorot grows their own garlic, basil, cilantro, parsley, chili and ginger. At the peak of freshness, they pull their products from the fields, process and flash freeze into convenient trays within 90 minutes of harvest. <—— You read that right – 90 minutes of harvest! And with a full-year shelf life, there’s never an excuse to not have fresh garlic, onions and herbs year round.
With a simple “pop” of the tray, we can have fresher than fresh flavors in mere seconds!
Dorot pre-portioned garlic, onions and herbs eliminate chopping and measuring, making it effortless for us to season and flavor our favorite dishes.
From soups to stews, sauces to marinades, Dorot’s fresh and frozen garlic and herbs has got us covered.
I’m thrilled to have found Dorot! For those days when there’s no time for peeling and chopping and mincing and pressing – Dorot will be my first choice!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cubes Dorot crushed garlic
- 4 cubes Dorot chopped basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large heirloom cucumbers, quartered
- 2 large yellow squash, quartered
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar with Dorot garlic and basil; season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 3 Tbsp. of marinade and set aside.
- Toss vegetables with marinade in large bowl.
- Grill until tender, 20 - 25 minutes.
- When ready, place vegetables on a platter and brush with remaining marinade.
- Serve warm.