I should actually have called it Lazy Girl’s Fruity Bonbons…
It doesn’t get any easier than this, my friends.
It’s one that the whole family can get in the kitchen to make together.
And isn’t that what this holiday is all about?
Even your littlest ones whose fine motor skills are up to rolling meatball shaped sweet treats, can join in on this exciting holiday endeavor.
I’ve taken a couple of my favorite dried fruits…
…cantaloupe, which I rolled in coconut…
…and dates, which I rolled in crushed pistachios.
You could pretty much stop reading now but I hope you don’t…
I had a sense that since I was looking for some nibbles that were both healthy and didn’t require a second pot of coffee to get through prepping…that you might be, too!
For each flavor, simply chop the dried fruit up into small bits, chill for a spell, scoop out a heaping tablespoon and roll into a ball about 1/2″ or so in diameter.
Roll the balls in fun toppings…
And place them in mini muffin cups.
See what I’m sayin’?
Easy to the point of lazy…
It’s okay…we deserve it. If we can fit at least one recipe in that’s pretty to look at – simple to make – healthy to eat – and has the added benefit of making our little ones proud for having their efforts displayed on the holiday table…
Well, then, it must be done!
- 2 cups finely chopped dried cantaloupe
- 2 cups finely chopped dried dates
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- Chop the fruit up into tiny bits.
- Refrigerate each in separate bowls until cold to the touch.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon and roll into balls about ½" thick.
- Roll the cantaloupe in coconut.
- Roll the dates in pistachio.
- Place in mini muffin cups.