Sweet and fruity, crunchy and creamy, this No-Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Cherry and Pistachio hits all the right holiday notes!
I’m coming at you quick, today!
I know that you’re busy with shopping and baking and cooking and cleaning and wrapping and caroling and entertaining and sledding and sipping and greeting and volunteering and…
Fyooooo – just reading it makes me tired!
How about we let this post serve as a PSA!
STOP! (in the name of love….) Sorry – I couldn’t resist! But, actually, those famous lyrics have sparked something in me. We should STOP(!) in the name of self-love!
How about we take a few moments between all the hectic and find time for ourselves. Time to breathe, reflect, write, nap, read, sit, and fill up where we can to enjoy some special self-indulgences. And if your idea of indulgence is ice cream, then you have come to the right place.
Let’s take the no-churn route today, because, let’s face it – it’s the easiest thing we can do in the name of decadence.
For this Vanilla Bean No-Churn Ice Cream with Cherry and Pistachio, we simply whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form then fold in the remainder of our gorgeous Christmas-inspired ingredients.
Freeze until frozen, then grab yourself a pretty bowl and set yourself in front of your favorite holiday view.
Your Christmas tree, a frosty window, a crackling fire, a holiday movie , a beloved book…
…and all together now, breathe….
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Seeds from 1 large vanilla bean
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanillas, cherries and pistachios.
- Spoon ice cream into a freezer safe vessel. I use a loaf pan lined with parchment.
- Freeze overnight or until frozen.
And here are a few more of my favorite no-churn flavors….
~ Peppermint Bark – The Sugar Coated Cottage
~ Cherry Cheesecake – Pumpkin ‘n Spice